“This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC” 5 Clock Hours (.5 CEUs)
1. The Autism Spectrum Disorders: Definitions And Overview
2. Autism Spectrum Disorders: Signs And Symptoms
3. Possible Causes Of Autism Spectrum Disorders
4. Current Treatments For People Who Have Autism Spectrum Disorders
5. Leisure Time Skills For Persons With Autism (Must Read Required Book For This Section)
Learn to better understand the Autism Spectrum disorders and what the current treatment methodologies that are used today. Learn about the different types of Autism Spectrum Disorders, the signs and symptoms of various Autism Spectrum Disorders, the possible causes of Autism Spectrum Disorders, and treatment ideas for specific skill deficits with someone who has an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Student will demonstrate adequate insight of various types of Autism Spectrum Disorders and how we ,as Recreational Therapists ,can treat the skill deficits as evidenced by completing the “Understanding The Autism Spectrum Disorders And Current Treatment Methodologies” coursework online, reading the book “Developing Leisure Time Skills for Persons with Autism” by Phyllis Coyne, Colleen Nyberg, and Mary Lou Vandenberg, and passing an online exam based on the course and the book with a score of at least 70% within 365 days of starting the course.
(Click The Link Above To Find The Book Online)